Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Swept. At. Fenway.

Sox: 2 Team The Sox Have Seen Enough Of: 9

The good news is the Sox don't have to play the Angels any more this season. The bad news is, well, everything else that happened tonight, save for Coco's bat. The Sox were swept at home, folks. In a season where Fenway has been nirvana for them, this is about as bad as it gets. They got a few more hits than last night, with Pedey's hit in the third putting away thoughts of another no-hitter. Interestingly enough, they guy pitching for the Halos tonight is from my hometown, Springfield, VA. Doesn't mean I'm rooting for him, however; he's wearing the wrong uniform...

Beckett fell apart in the 6th inning, but he wasn't helped by the train-wreck defense, which he ended up being part of. Four errors in one inning! The Sox' defensive meltdown put the game out of reach and the sweep in the bag for the Angels.

All the trade-deadline Manny rumors are making my head spin. One of them looks like it could turn out pretty well for the Sox, but I don't want to comment on it because I don't want to get my hopes up. This Manny circus appears to be having a detrimental effect to the team. Something had to be distracting the team in that multi-error inning!

Tomorrow's an off day and this team certainly needs it. Is it just me or is '08 Lester looking more and more like '07 Beckett?

LET'S GO RED SOX!!!!

1 comment:

Laura Hinds said...

HI!

I'm a friend of Karen's (the wubqueen) and also a huge Red Sox fan!
I really can't wait to hear what happens with Manny this afternoon.
I do think it's time for him to go.
He wants to go, he's acting out, and his antics just aren't funny anymore. I'm with Remdawg-- I'm "all Mannyied out"
Glad this is happening on an off day. Tomorrow will make for a fresh start.

Go Sox!
Laura