Monday, December 5, 2011

The Ol' Switcheroo

The latest word from the hot stove is that Bobby Valentine's replacement on ESPN is none other than the guy he's replacing in the Red Sox dugout! Terry Francona will be giving me reason to actually listen when ESPN airs Red Sox games on Sunday nights. While I didn't always agree with his in-game decisions or lineups and I do think it was time for both he and the Red Sox to move on, I respect Francona as a person and I look forward to hearing his insights on the game from the perspective of a color commentator. From what I heard of him in the playoff games, he sounds like he can hold his own in the broadcast booth. It'll be interesting to hear what he thinks of the 2012 Red Sox and how his successor manages the game. Congratulations on the new gig, Tito, and best of luck!

No comments: